Thursday, January 6, 2011

Yusuf Islam-Indian Ocean

Mr Yusuf Islam - formerly Cat Stevens - has composed a new song entitled, Indian Ocean, in response to the disaster which he recorded recently in collaboration with fellow musicians.


The song featured Indian composer/producer A. R. Rahman, 
a-ha keyboard player Magne Furuholmenand Travis drummer Neil Primrose. Proceeds of the single went to help orphans in Banda Aceh, one of the areas worst affected by the tsunami, through Yusuf's Small Kindness charity.


At first, the single was released only through several 
online music stores but later featured on the compilation album Cat Stevens: Gold. "I had to learn my faith and look after my family, and I had to make priorities. But now I've done it all and there's a little space for me to fill in the universe of music again."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Nasheed Islamic Songs. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.